Medina County Courthouse

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Judge Kimbler Administers Oath to New Attorney

There are a lot of things that judges have to do that are unpleasant. It is never pleasant, for example, to send someone to prison, no matter how well deserved the punishment. There are some things, however, that judges get to do that are very pleasant and rewarding. One of them is administering an oath to an attorney who has just passed the Ohio Bar Exam.

On Friday, December 11, 2009, I had the honor of administering the oath that Ohio attorneys have to take before they are admitted to the bar to James Ziogas. Attorney Ziogas wasn't able to attend the ceremony where the oath is administered to new attorneys by a Justice of the Ohio Supreme Court due to work. I had sent Mr. Ziogas a letter congratulating him on passing the bar. Mr. Ziogas appreciated the letter so much that he asked me to administer his oath.

It was a honor and a privilege to administer the oath to Mr. Ziogas. I got to meet him, his lovely wife, and his three children. It is at least the third time that I have administered the oath to a new attorney and every time I have really enjoyed it. It always reminds me of the day when I was admitted to the Ohio Bar, which is now over 34 years ago.

I wish Mr. Ziogas and his family good luck in the future and I thank them for allowing me the opportunity to be a part of their family's history.

No comments: